Dear Parents, Carers and Grandparents
The Little Stars team are really looking forward to our final session on Mon 19 July.
We will be running our final group of the summer term under the same guidelines as we have run the previous sessions.
We are continuing to ask all adults to bring and wear a face covering, unless exempt, and observe social distancing from other adults throughout the whole session.
The only change for this coming Monday will be that we are increasing the number of tickets available from 20 to 25 for this final session.
I would like to invite you to the Abbey’s All Age Celebration Service on Sunday 18 July at 4pm. This will take place outside (weather permitting) and be my final service at the Abbey. I begin training for ordination at Trinity College in Bristol from September. The service will last around 1hr, include action songs, a drama, short all age talk and you will need to bring something to sit on (e.g. picnic rug!).
Little Stars is running in line with both government and Church of England guidelines and so please read the points below carefully if you are planning on attending.
Booking your place
- Tickets will be made available on the Tuesday (8pm) and we will ask those who were able to book a ticket on the previous session to wait until Thursday before booking their ticket, to give others who didn’t come, the opportunity to book first.
- Only ADULTS need a ticket.
- If you find you are unable to attend for any reason, please cancel and release your place as early as possible to enable another family to come instead.
- If you are unable to get a place, please keep checking availability in case places have been released – even up to Monday morning.
- Please do not try to attend the group if you have not booked in.
1. Little Stars is now open to 25 adults per-session and their accompanying children, which we will continue to review.
2. The session will run from 10 to 11:15am. 10 to 11am will be play time which will include toys, craft and the bouncy castle. 11:00 to 11:15am will be story and song time (we are asking adults not to sing but please join in with the actions).
3. All adults must bring and wear a face covering, unless exempt, and observe social distancing from other adults throughout the whole session. Children are not expected to wear a face covering or observe social distancing.
4. Please can all adults sanitize their hands when they arrive and leave. Children don’t have to sanitize hands if it’s not appropriate for them (however please wash their hands in advance of coming).
5. Remember the most important symptoms of COVID-19 are a new continuous cough, a high temperature, a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell. If you, your child or anyone in your household / bubble have any of these symptoms please do not attend the group and all those over the age of 5 can get a free NHS test or call NHS 119 to book a free COVID-19 test.
6. Just to remind you that rapid flow tests are available free for everyone. If therefore you wish, as an extra precaution, you can self test.
7. NHS Test and Trace information will be gathered.
8. Please bring refreshments along for your child/ren if you think they will need them. We will not be providing a ‘snack and fruit time’ as we have done in the past. If you would like a coffee from the Abbey Café you will need to drink this in the designated café seating area (which during Little Stars will predominantly be outside) and not within the Little Stars area. At the moment we won’t be providing a complementary slice of cake as before but the Café is open from 9:30am to 3:30pm if you would like to purchase something.
9. Please can you make sure that everyone has used the toilet before coming to the Abbey. We have a limited number of toilets which of course can be used, but it will be much better if as few as possible require them.
10. There will be the usual £2 charge. Please bring exact money, as we will be unable to give change.
11. We understand that some parents might want to take pictures or videos of their own children and to post these on social media. However, please do not to take images of other people’s children without their permission. Please be careful not to post pictures or videos on social media which include other children without their parents’ consent.
12. This is a church run group and so there will often be a story about Jesus and songs about his love. The Little Stars team believe the Christian faith is relevant and exciting in today’s world. However, the team put no pressure on anyone concerning our beliefs, but if you are interested in finding out more about the Christian faith, please let one of the team know. Also if any week you would like one of the team to pray for you, please let us know.
Everyone’s comments about the group are always welcomed. If you have any concerns or suggestions about how we can do things differently, please let me or any of the team know. This is your group and your input is always welcome.
To book your ticket for this weeks session click here: Eventbrite Ticket
We are so looking forward to welcoming more Little Stars this coming Monday!
Andrew and the Little Stars Team
Contact: Andrew via firstname.lastname@example.org
See Also: Children & Youth.
Contact: Andrew Beebee
Andrew Beebee is our Children’s and Youth Minister and is a qualified teacher. Please email him if you would like to find out more about any of our groups (email@example.com). If your child has any special needs please let us know so that we can work together to ensure they get the best support.